Map Marker Roadmap
Note: this is my mindset at the moment in an attempt of transparency but it's not a commitment, I might change my mind.
Currently working on...
Maintenance of current apps for Android, iOS and the Web App (bug fixes, no new features added)
Major endeavor: Flutter re-write.
Currently when I build features, I have to build them in 2 separate projects: "Android" and "React Native" (iOS + Web).
With Flutter, I will be able to have a single project and limit the duplicate work, and move much faster for future app versions.
The bad news is that it will take me a while to re-write the app in Flutter, so there will most likely not be new features in the meantime.
- Track recording: recording the device location over time as one POI entry
- Quick actions: ability to modify a marker and its custom fields without entering the edit page
- Bulk addess import: street addresses / postal code import without lat/lng information
- Route planning: optimal route calculation + starting navigation with multiple markers
Other good ideas
- Bringing other missing features from Android to iOS
- Floating marker titles
- Coordinates window + manual coordinates entering
- KMZ web images import: downloading web images from a third-party KMZ while importing it
- tags for markers with search by tag
- better offline maps
- quick picture mode (setting to open directly camera, or gallery, or camera internally)
- pictures annotations (shapes, arrow, text, etc.)
- print marker to PDF, with map, snapshot, title, description, etc.
- snackbar for cancelling marker deletion
- new marker title/description pre-fill parameters: address, date, time, number, folder name, arbitrary string
- make the system bar and the navigation bar transparent so that we can see the map through it
- voice notes
- left handed mode (showing the action buttons at the left)
- have different sort options (once more fields are added to markers: title, description, creation date, any other date, distance to current location, distance to specific marker, etc.)
- more actions based on multiple markers selection (send phone, send email, etc.)
- SMS mass sending with number in selected markers
- Search filter to filter displayed markers on the map
- Export all images of a marker
- Read out marker info (voice synth) on marker select
- Bluetooth sharing with Garmin or TomTom GPS devices
- Widget to mark current location
- Alarm when nearing a POI
- Make map snapshots larger than the screen
- Auto address filling in marker creation
- Altitude lookup for markers
- Temperature lookup for markers
- GPX import/export
- UTM import/export
- Renaming search result before adding to the map
- Smarter camera re-positioning when switching map file
- When guiding to a marker, draw a straight line to destination
- Start navigation between 2 points, not from current location
- Add a calendar reminder for a marker, with Google calendar integration
- Proximity alert: display a notification when nearing a given marker
- Attaching any file type to a marker, not only images